Military Agent Tips
We work with thousands of agents all over the world. Below are a few training points we feel our military agents should be aware of:
- Go to www.move.mil and click “DPS Registration” at the top of the screen
- Then click “PPSO and TSP Registration”
- Choose “TSP Representative/Business Partner/Agent” as your DPS role and fill out the registration form
Additional training tips
- GBL & Members names are on the inventories & weight tickets.
- Make sure inventory pages are numbered (1 of 1, etc.).
- Clearly indicate any Pro Gear weight on the inventories and include total pro gear weight on the weight ticket.
- Make sure agents complete address is on the weight ticket.
- If a scale weight ticket is received we must receive a break down showing the number of pieces and the gross/tare/net/cube per piece (see sample weight ticket).
- If a shipment is going to the UK - must have 1434 form signed and sent back to us.
- Motorcycles - we need a copy of the title, registration, and the certification paperwork.
- Members need to have a pre-move survey soon after registration process.
- Customer service – aim to always go beyond the expectation of the customers – we need excellent scores.
- We must have those wts/pcs sent to us, as quick as possible, hopefully within 3-5 days, max.
- All paperwork needs to be legible, and sent to us quickly.
- Correspondence – we love to communicate with you, our agent, and to our customers.
- Customers are our bread and butter, and a little honey goes along way.
- Please update us with new ph#’s and if you move let us know soon. We also love to e-mail. So please keep us updated.
- Destination agents: We really need your help in getting those shipments delivered-- before rdd’s, so let us know as soon as you receive our shipments, then we can reach the customer with the good news their shipment has arrived and ready for delivery.
- For all Code 8 and and Code J shipments, a copy of the GBL must be adhered to each shipment in addition to the provided labels. If the GBL or labels have not been received, please contact our offices to have them sent.
We'll add more "important items to remember" as they come up.
As always, we love having you as our Military Partners!